Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Fashion Writer's Muse


Mary Alice Stephenson showing off her styling

Somehow some of my posts always come back to The Rachel Zoe Project, and I swear I don't do it purposely, she just has so many euphemisms on fashion that are kinda true (at least in my world).  For example, when she said that designers and fashion heavy hitters are her celebrities and she gets nervous and giddy to see them, I also get that same feeling.  

Take for example when I saw Bobbie Thomas at the Max Azria show.  I didn't dare approach her in her front row seat next to Hoda and Kathie Lee, but then when I tweeted about it later, she actually responded that next time I should come say 'Hi' (and then I got so excited that she would be willing to meet me and kicked myself with my 5 inch stiletto for not doing it).   So how do you approach someone that you've looked up to in your industry without looking crazy?  And what would come of it?

  That same thought went through my mind last night when I saw Mary Alice Stephenson at the Naeem Khan and HSN event.  She styled Naeem's line, Timeless, for HSN with HSN jewelry and Aldo shoes and made everything look so chic.  She of course was 5 feet away from me in probably the most approachable atmosphere and I blew it, again.  I think I even had 2 glasses of champagne in me as well.  I think I might make "practice being fearless" one of my New Year's Resolutions.

Naeem's collection for HSN is reasonably priced from around $250 -$450, but looks super lux and expensive.  The pieces will be made in the same factories in India as his Collection and sizes range from 0-24! This is the Fall 2009 collection and Naeem will be on HSN October 28th at 8pm to debut, so make sure to set your mental shopping alarm because these pieces will go fast!




xoxo,

SG

No comments:

 
Pattern from K10K |Fonts from Apostrophic Labs and Darrian Lynx | Blog Design by Abecedarian